How to create 3D PDF model?
Load any 3d model into FinalMesh
application, choose best view and in File menu select Save
, PDF. Select template,
tweak export options.
Click Export and view file in Adobe Acrobat. Everything is
really that simple.
Great feature of FinalMesh PDF publisher is in displaying PDF in the
same way as it will look in Adobe Acrobat. You may rotate or zoom model in
order to select perefect initial point of view, select render mode or
light type. Model in Acrobat will look in the same way.
- Embedding 3d content into custom made template or printed
- Ability to adjust initial view right in save pane.
- All set of PDF render modes and lights.
- Model Views - prediefined view points.
- Multiple viewports of single 3D model, even of differend pages.
- PDF may contain regular text pages. For instance it may be terms
and coditions or technical description.
- All types of PDF Encryptions are supported.
- Signature - PDF may be signed.
FinalMesh works quite close with
priPrinter - our PDF authoring software and printing software.
There are two possible scenerious.
- Create templates in priPrinter and save it for use
- Save 3D
model as .u3d file in FinalMesh and use this model in priPrinter.
First choice is If you want to create similar PDFs with different 3D
content, while second one is for inserting one 3d model into many PDFs.
- Download and Install
- Design document in any application, it may be evene MS Word. Write
common description, put logo of your company, leave empty place for 3D
View. Print it to priPrinter.
priPrinter, go to Insert tab. Click on 3D - 3D Content button. This
will insert 3D viewport, adjust it's size and position. In Properties
dialog, select default lighting, background, render mode and default
- You may want to make final adjustments, like add watermarks.
Watermarks may contain macros, it may be numbers of polygons in 3D
model or something like that.
- In File Menu, select "Save As 3D Template". Now this template will
be available in FinalMesh PDF Publisher panel. Later you may change
something in this template.
For creating template, priPrinter license is not required.
Insert 3D into priPrinter
- In FinalMesh save model to u3d file.
- Drag and Drop this to priPrinter or Create 3D Content (like in
previous topic) and provide file name to that file.
- Adjust viewport size and probably lighting or render mode.
- In File menu, select Save As PDF.
Using this method you may insert many 3d models into single PDF file.
See also: PDF Publisher Help
Toy Plane model by Courtesy of The Pixel Lab